Ingredients (serves 2):
- 6 cups water
- 3" x 8" sheet kombu kelp (optional)
- 1 lb. boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 lb. nappa cabbage, cut into 2-3" squares
- 1 carrot, sliced into 1/4" thick slices
- 5 oz. daikon radish, sliced
- 1/2 pkg. tofu, cut into 1-1/2” small blocks
- 6 stalks green onions, diagonally cut into 2-3" lengths
- 4 shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, whole
Ponzu sauce for dipping (Ponzu can be replaced with equal amounts of soy sauce and lemon juice mixture)
*This recipe was developed for Gourmet d'Expert? Electric Skillet (EP-RAC50). Adjustments may be necessary when using other models.
Place kelp and water in the Gourmet d’Expert® Electric Skillet and set temperature to HIGH (480°F/250°C).
When the water reaches a boil, remove and discard the kelp.
Add chicken pieces into the skillet, cook until water boils again and skim off any scum that rises to the surface.
Add nappa cabbage, carrot, daikon to the skillet and turn down the heat to LOW (280ºF / 140ºC). Cover the lid and simmer until the chicken is cooked, about 20 minutes.
Add tofu, green onions and shiitake to the skillet and simmer for 5 minutes. It is now ready to eat.
Serve about 1 tablespoon Ponzu sauce in individual small bowls on the side. Set the skillet to KEEP WARM. Before eating, dilute Ponzu with soup from the skillet according to individual taste.
Take cooked ingredients from the pot to individual bowls, dip in the sauce and enjoy!