Ingredients (10-12 servings):
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, reserve 1/4 cup to thin if fondue begins to thicken
- 12 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. almond or hazelnut liqueur, optional
- Fresh fruits (stem strawberries, sliced bananas, apple and pear slices, sectioned oranges)
- Baked treats (pound cake, brownies, salted pretzel sticks, biscotti, rice crispy treats, etc.)
*This recipe is ideal in the Gourmet d’Expert® Electric Skillet (EP-PBC10). It may be made in the larger EP-RAC50 model, but you may need to double the ingredients.
Cut the dippables into bite-size pieces and arrange on a platter.
Turn the Gourmet d’Expert® Electric Skillet to 360°F and heat 3/4 cup cream until it comes to a low boil. Turn the control lever to Keep Warm and add the chocolate. Mix well using a wooden spoon. Add vanilla extract and liqueur if preferred.
Place the dippables platter near the Gourmet d’Expert® Electric Skillet along with wooden skewers.
Spear the dippables with the skewers, and dip in the chocolate to enjoy.
If the fondue becomes too thick, stir in the reserved cream 1 Tbsp. at a time. If it becomes thin, add more chocolate.